Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Week 12 - the journey is over!

Well I finally reached the end of the program and what a whirlwind it has been. I feel like I have learnt such a lot, now I just need to find the time to explore all I have learnt in more depth, the best way to learn about something is to explore and practise so that is my next step. I find the social networking arena amazing and interesting but to be honest the amount of time needed to keep up with my friends in real life can sometimes be hard to find let alone keep up with online friends. I did discover while exploring Facebook that there will be a high school reunion for my year in June and many people who I have often wondered about over the years will be there, thank you library 2.0 for making me more comfortable and familiar with all of these new and fun technologies.

I think there can be some very great benefits to libraries with regard to all of these technologies especially the social networking side of things, marketing and client interaction can be enhanced. Some lucky member of staff one day will be assigned this type of job and I kind of envy them, although the work involved in maintaining these types of things could be overwhelming at times. Overall I have thoroughly enjoyed this experience, I only wish I had more time to explore everything each week but plan to re-visit many of the sites later at my own pace. Thank you State Library for organising this lifelong learning experience.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Glad you enjoyed the course and completed it. Good luck with your school reunion.

Pat